Allen Americans 2012-13 Regular Season Schedule Released
Club Will Play Home Opener on Oct. 20 vs. Arizona
Allen, Tex. -- The Allen Americans Hockey Club announced today that it will open its 2012-13 regular season on Saturday, October 20, at home at Allen Event Center against the Arizona Sundogs. The Central Hockey League (CHL) released the entire regular season schedule today. This will mark the Americans’ fourth season in the CHL.
The Americans will host Arizona in their first two games of the season (Oct. 20 & 21), and will play their first road game on Friday, Oct. 26 at the Texas Brahmas.
“We’re very excited to announce our 2012-13 schedule,” said Americans President Matt Canavan. “We have a lot of fun in store for our fans and we cannot wait to get the hockey season started. It will be here before we know it.”
CLICK HERE to download schedule for Outlook/iCal
CLICK HERE to print schedule
A Closer Look at the Allen Americans’ 66-Game Schedule
• The Americans are scheduled to play 66 games during the 2012-13 campaign, with 33 contests at home and 33 on the road.
• The home schedule features 25 weekend contests (10 Friday, 11 Saturday, 4 Sunday).
• Start times for Americans home games will be mostly 7:05 pm, except Sundays (4:05 pm), and the MLK Day matinee on Jan. 21 (1:05 pm).
• Among CHL opponents, the Americans will play the Texas Brahmas the most, with 17 total match-ups (8 at home, 9 on the road).
• All 10 CHL teams will visit Allen at least once this season and vice-versa.
• Opponents’ Visits to Allen (33): Arizona (6), Bloomington (1), Denver (1), Missouri (4), Quad City (1), Rapid City (3), Texas (8), Tulsa (4), Wichita (5).
• Americans’ Visits to Road Cities (33): Arizona (6), Bloomington (1), Denver (2), Missouri (2), Quad City (2), Rapid City (2), Texas (9), Tulsa (5), Wichita (4).
• Home Games by Day: Mon. – 2, Tues. – 5, Wed. – 1, Thurs. – 0, Fri. – 10, Sat. – 11, Sun – 4.
• Road Games by Day: Mon. – 0, Tues. – 3, Wed. – 3, Thurs. – 0, Fri. – 12, Sat. – 12, Sun – 3.
Special Promotional Games
• Saturday, December 1 vs. Arizona – Texas Health Allen Teddy Bear Toss: Fans are encouraged to bring new teddy bears to the game to throw on the ice after the first Americans goal. The bears will be gathered, sanitized and donated to Texas Health Allen and other local children’s hospitals.
• Saturday, December 8 vs. Wichita - Holiday-Themed Jersey: The Americans will wear a special holiday-themed jersey. Post-game auction of the game-worn jerseys after the game.
• Monday, December 31 vs. Quad City & Tuesday, February 26 vs. Texas - Youth Jersey: All kids 12-and-under will receive a replica Americans jersey.
• Saturday, February 2 vs. Rapid City - OrthoTexas Military Night: an Americans tradition continues as the team honors our country’s military. The team will wear a special military-themed jersey. Post-game auction of the game-worn jerseys after the game.
• Saturday, March 2 vs. Missouri - The annual Allen Fire vs. Police Hockey Game will take place prior to the Americans game. Come root on our city’s finest!
• Saturday, March, 23 vs. Missouri - Fan Appreciation Night. Prizes and fun all evening as we celebrate the greatest fans in the CHL.
• Ownership Bobblehead Series – the Americans will feature five games this season in which a different Americans Minority Owner & Partner will be featured as a bobblehead giveaway:
Nov. 16 vs. Missouri – Craig Ludwig
Dec. 7 vs. Denver – Ed Belfour
Jan. 11 vs. Texas – Steve Duchesne
Feb. 5 vs. Texas – Mike Modano
Mar. 12 vs. Arizona – Richard Matvichuk
The entire Americans promotional schedule will be released soon.
• Halloween (Oct. 31) – Kids and families can trick-or-treat at Allen Event Center prior to the game vs. Tulsa. Doors will open for families at 5:30 pm. Safe, clean, free parking and hockey – what could be better?
• New Year’s Eve (Dec. 31) – Ring in the New Year with the Americans as they host Quad City.
• Martin Luther King Day (Jan. 21) – Kids day with a 1:05 pm start.
• St. Patrick’s Day (Mar. 17) – Wear your green!
The Americans also announced that the team will play two pre-season games – a home-and-home with the Texas Brahmas on Friday, Oct. 12 (at Texas), and Saturday, Oct. 13 (at Allen).
The CHL also announced today the league’s structure for the 2012-13 season. The 10-team league will compete in one conference (the Berry Conference), with the top eight teams in the league qualifying for the playoffs. All three rounds of the playoffs will be best-of-seven series.
Allen Americans Season Seats are available now, with great sightlines from every seat at Allen Event Center. Partial plans for the 2012-13 season will go on sale at a later date. Please call 972-912-1000 or go to AllenAmericans.com for more information.